Sunday, August 17, 2008

Digits and Dinner

Stephanie, my sister-in-law, is getting married on October 4 so I threw a bachelorette party for her while I was in Maine.
The party girls-Jen Hague, Jen Remick, Stephanie Burlington, Jen Davis.
We got manis and pedis at Duda spa (http://www.thedudaspa.com/) in Portsmouth, NH. Wow- if you are in the area, CHECK THIS SPA OUT!!! It is gorgeous and commodious. Steph and I returned later in the week for massages. Jen Hague brought champagne and strawberries to the spa for some mid-afternoon refreshment. After getting our digits beautiful, we headed to The Black Trumpet (http://www.blacktrumpetbistro.com/) for dinner, also in Portsmouth. Steph's friend Meg joined us there, adding a nice surprise :)
The restaurant has a cozy vibrant feel. We sat by the window with a great view of the ocean and port. The owner (Owen?) was really helpful with the wine menu/menu. I discovered a Sicilian wine and missed my husband for a moment. . . If you ever go to this bistro DEFINITELY get their signature cocktail, the black trumpet- vodka, limoncello, blackberry and vanilla bean puree.

I delighted in spending the afternoon and evening with Stephanie and her girls. Steffi- you are very very dear to me- cheers!
Jen and Steph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think. Leave a comment!