Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Delray Beach- Part Two: Eating with GG Tina and the Morikami Gardens

Introducing. . . the lovely GG Tina, grandmother of Rob and great-grandmother to Robert, Esther and CC. Why a picture in the kitchen? Because she cooked for us the whole visit. Thank you for the yummy meals GG Tina! (I miss the artichoke patties already.) Three kids at GG Tina's dining room table.
We took the kids one morning to the magnificent Morikami Gardens. They are authentically Japanese and expansive. This is the kind of place I would love to lose myself in. Unfortunately, with all the kids in tow and the girls in an especially needy "carry me!" mood I just wanted to lose the kids. There it is. I said it. I love them but this excursion drove both of us parents to our breaking point.I still snapped some good photos. I remember reading about this zen garden feeling ANYTHING but zen.

Love em.


Esther took a turn with the camera. Nice flip-flops!

Rob was feeling especially pent up. The Elton John sunglasses didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think. Leave a comment!