Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Lord is risen indeed, Hallelujah!

The weekend started with fatigue. In fact, by Friday morning as I was getting ready to teach, CC threw up on me, causing me to change my pants. I then went to pump before I left and felt something wet in my lap. I had forgotten to attach the bottles and was pumping directly into my lap. Got sleep? Upon returning home we found two huge holes in the yard. Atlanta Gas Light surveyed the area on Friday morning and found a leak in our outside gas line. They dug up the yard to repair it. To their credit, everything was back in its place by 5pm and you can't see that they were here.

Friday evening brought a wonderful turn of events. Gloria and Scott were in Savannah for the weekend and got engaged! Hallelujah. I am thrilled for them both and for our family to gain this handsome, kind and intelligent man. Welcome to the family Scott! See photo of happy couple:





Saturday morning brought the Jefferson Avenue Baptist Church egg hunt. We have taken the kids to this hunt for about 4 years. There were very few kids there this year so Robert got 66 eggs and Esther, 51. Yellow and Purple puffy bunnies in photo with Robert are their prizes for gathering so many. :)





Saturday afternoon after a MUCH NEEDED nap, Gustavo and Werner came to visit and meet Cecilia. It refreshed my spirits to be in their company, catch up, and hear their tales of the tornado that swept downtown, just outside the window at their downtown loft.


And now for Sunday, drumroll please. After Rob left the house at 5am, I pulled the kids together, put them in Easter finery (provided by the grandparents), brushed teeth and took them to church. For Cecilia, it was an All Saints' debut. This proud mama paraded her around in her Easter dress that matched Esther's. Girly girly. See pictures. Following a gorgeous service, we headed to our friends, Michelle and Nicole's house for Easter brunch and ANOTHER EASTER EGG HUNT.



















Upon returning home, we noticed all the family cars outside our next door neighbor, Wilma's, house. Esther and Robert ran over to visit. Guess what their family was about to do. Have an Easter egg hunt. Robert and Esther searched for eggs and played outside with Wilma's 7 grandkids (ages 9-16) for the next 2-3 hours. When all of the kids came to our backyard to play on the jungle gym and play football, baseball etc. I was in good neighbor heaven. See photo.





As I retired upstairs with CC I reflected on the beauty and renewal of the day. The Lord is risen indeed, Hallelujah! Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think. Leave a comment!