Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 29 - The beat goes on.

Today began in Uptown Charlotte.  We rose unnaturally early (for summer) to send Rob, Robert and Esther off on choir tour.  I watched the well-oiled machine that is The Choir School at St. Peter's gather, organize, get a photo and bid farewell.  In the midst of all of it, I got to check in with other parents and loved ones.  My friend Cheryl mentioned to me that she really enjoys the blog and I had to confess that since the Orlando slaughter this weekend, I had not felt that blogging of any kind was relevant.  I didn't have the heart or the energy.  She quickly interjected that people right now need a diversion.  They need to see someone making the most of every day.  Everyone's FB feed is full of argument, discord, sadness and mourning.  Maybe I could lighten people's load by shining out. By continuing.  Cheryl, thank you.  I heard you.  Let's pick up where we were y'all-
Garment bags- CHECK!

While the rest of the family travels and shines out with music, CC and I have time to chill and nap. And she has dance camp.  I had serious plans to follow the choir to their first concert at our home parish in Atlanta, All Saints'.  But CC didn't want to miss dance camp.   And CC does next to no activities compared to her siblings.  So here we are.  I am thankful to be where I know I should be.

Mr. Outen finalizes photo pose.

Parent paparazzi.


The choir heads off to lift spirits through music.  I am pumping the Erasure station on Pandora as loud as I can.  Wherever you are today, take a moment to focus on something that brings us together: music.  I dare you to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think. Leave a comment!