Sunday, November 21, 2010

As Mama's gumption rises, the kids' temperatures rise

The past few weeks have been full of ambition (mine) and contrition (that of my offspring).
Quick summary- a week ago CC was diagnosed pneumonia, Esther followed with a feverish cold and just as both girls seemed fully recovered Robert got a fever too.
Despite the health hardships of my family, I have been hard at work procuring a studio for myself. A studio? you might ask. Well, yes. You see, I love to do all sorts of creative things. But there's a problem. My kids get in the way. They touch my stuff and bug me when I am trying to do creative things.
So I cooked up a solution: I approached the church around the corner from me about renting an empty unused room in their educational space. They said yes and also said, Hey don't worry about paying for it. :)
So, in between taking temperatures, chest x-rays, endless doses of Tylenol and refilling the humidifier, I moved all the stuff that I could carry myself to my new studio. Done!
In the meantime I have sated my creative thirst with some collage projects-
I love the idea of this collage I found on Etsy, by Laura Prentice-


So, duly inspired by her work, I created one of my own:

Then, I took a good look at the logo from the kids' school:
And decided to recreate it, collage style. I think that if framed it would make a nice teacher gift. Any thoughts?
Also, one week ago Rob and I had a brief and fabulous trip to NYC to celebrate our anniversary (again!). Post coming soon. . .

1 comment:

  1. Love the collage and your excellent taste in wrapping paper backgrounds. You are my most talented friend! It was such fun to spend some time with Esther this weekend. Delightful! And happy anniversary!
    ~~DRMitchell

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think. Leave a comment!